Welcome to the Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona website. We are dedicated to helping people with Down syndrome lead wonderful lives, filled with empowerment, love and hope.
We advocate for people with Down syndrome and support families in their journey to provide the most fulfilling lives for their children. We serve people with Down syndrome across the lifespan – from birth through adulthood.
We offer many programs, services, events and resources in our quest to serve this extraordinary community.
Outreach starts as soon as a need is identified. Our team visits new parents at the hospital, in the home, or online to celebrate their newest family member(s). Through our many events and programs, we remain as a constant source of support for those we serve.
Message regarding our services during the COVID-19 pandemic
During this time of uncertainty, we are taking every precaution to serve our community through online support. Here is how we have changed our business model during the pandemic:
Services Offered During the Pandemic:
– Provide an online ‘Parent Packet’ and schedule a Phone Call/FaceTime visit for new parents to recieve in lieu of a personal hospital visit
– Deliver gifts and resources to new parents of a baby or child with Down syndrome. The gifts include several books on raising a child with Down syndrome, a Sharing tote bag, a Baby Signing Times DVD, a onesie, a journal and a handmade blanket. Our new parent gifts are valued at $100-$150.
– Continue communication with our followers and supporters through online communications (mass emails, social media, etc) regarding services and resources available
– Produce a monthly newsletter to communicate with parents instead of our monthly in-person public Parent Forums
– Offer referrals and a ‘listening ear’ whenever needed. Our staff is available by cell phone, email, and social media messaging for anyone who needs help
– Delivery of products from fundraisers or online shopping; delivery of other essential or needed items to communities, including hand-sewn cloth face masks to slow the spread of COVID-19
..And an annual Sharing Walk which was a Drive Thru Celebration this year due to the pandemic. The event was a huge success. Please see our photos on our social media sites.
Read about the grant we received for pandemic relief from The Global Down Syndrome Foundation.
Give to Sharing DS Arizona on AmazonSmile. Select us as your charity.
Give to Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona through the AZ Charitable Tax Credit!
Take advantage of a tax credit up to $800/couple or $400/person. You can benefit from this credit all the way up to tax day, April 15th, of each year. Our QCO Code is 20543.