The Mission of Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona is to educate and empower, but especially give hope to individuals who have Down syndrome, and their families who love them, so these children may grow up to become independent self-advocates. We promote positive acceptance and understanding and inclusion is embraced by all as we celebrate each life.
The vision of Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona is to provide a world with equal rights and opportunities for all people who have Down syndrome.
Our Vision will be accomplished by:
- Providing NEW PARENT WELCOME FOLDERS to all 47 Arizona birthing hospitals.
- Personally delivered NEW PARENT GIFT PACKAGES filled with books, DVD’s, CD’s about Down syndrome.
- PLAY GROUPS for children with Down syndrome and their siblings.
- Monthly PARENT SUPPORT MEETINGS (Valley-Wide) in (English and Spanish) that address educational, legislative and medical issues regarding individuals who have Down syndrome.
- Quarterly uplifting NEWSLETTERS for families and professionals.
- “PROUD PARENT EMAIL LIST” to network families and professionals.
- LENDING LIBRARY
- ASSISTANCE, KNOWLEDGE and RESOURCES for developing effective IEP’s (Individual Educational Plan) and DDD eligibility (Division of Developmental Disabilities)
- PARTNERING with many social services agencies.
- GREAT SOCIAL EVENTS including our annual BUDDY WALK (1 mile stroller friendly walk), EASTER EGG HUNT, HOLIDAY PARTY, ABBY’S ANGEL MOTORCYCLE RIDE and more. (See photos at www.sdsaphotos.com)
- PHONE SUPPORT
- ANGEL BABY ADOPTION program
- SHARING GOOD GRIEF (Bereavement Support)